The Canadian Association of Exposition Management (CAEM) is the national association for professionals involved in the production, management, and planning of trade and consumer shows, and for events of a similar size and scale.
CAEM was formed in the mid 1970’s as the Association of Trade and Consumer Exhibitions. The association gave concerned show managers a common voice to face the issues they were confronting. In the early days of the association, a pattern of activities, programs and regular meetings were established. In 1983, CAEM was formally incorporated as a professional association formed to benefit exposition professionals. In 2000, its members approved a name change to the Canadian Association of Exposition Management.
As a national association whose success can be attributed to its dedicated members, resources, and staff, CAEM has the capacity to provide industry-specific services and programs tailor-made to meet the needs of event professionals.
These lucrative benefits include:
- Health and Safety Best Practices Guidelines
- Health and Safety Courses
- Professional Courses and Certifications Leading to the CEM Designation
- Industry-Specific Education
- Networking Opportunities
- Buyers’ Information to Source Industry-Specific Suppliers & Services
- Industry Recognition Programs
- Representation on Legislative and Regulatory Issues