Event/Sales Coordinator - Landscape Ontario
The Coordinator is responsible for creating and distributing sales information to manufacturers, manufacturer representatives, distributors and sales agents through digital, direct mail, email, telephone and video channels.
The Coordinator collaborates with trade show managers, sales manager publications and director of public relations in ensuring that the benefits of participating in Landscape Ontario Trade Shows, magazines and events are communicated to potential clients.
The Coordinator is instrumental in assuring focused and productive communication with new and existing clients, plus all internal and external stakeholders. The individual will support the associations brand and reputation through clear, concise and consistent messaging in all sales and marketing materials and mediums.
The individual also participates in attaining annual sales targets, identifying new markets, establishing strategic business relations and providing ideas for all strategic sales plans and their implementation. In addition, the individual manages different kinds of administrative functions and/or personnel essential for the daily operation of the system and fulfillment of orders.
To be one of North America’s leaders in providing relevant and profitable events, trade shows, publications and web sites for the landscape horticulture industry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the development and implementation of annual sales programs, plans and policies.
- Plan, schedule and manage advertising, marketing and sales campaigns.
- Co-manage with communications manager all sales and marketing collateral materials in print and electronic mediums.
- Develop healthy and long term relationships with existing customers.
- Explore and grow client account lists, respond to incoming leads and if appropriate close the sale.
- Follow-up direct sales leads.
- Follow-up on outstanding payment for products and services.
- Identify new customers and their needs and align same with an appropriate product or service.
- Develop, manage and nurture new and existing clients to achieve sales and profit goals.
- Write proposals for sponsorships and other business partnerships.
- Assist customers and prospective customers in understanding the organization’s
products, payment schedules and deadlines, educate them and respond to their
- Introduce other company products to established customers who may not be aware of other offerings.
- Integrate and align sales plans with available processes, IT systems, talent and other areas in order to increase the capability and success of sales force.
- Identify and explore with direction from the IT manager ways to integrate new
technologies into sales processes to expedite it from offer to close.
- Maximize work relations across departments to ensure that no opportunity to grow revenue is missed.
- Update the company on changing trade show, sales and marketing trends so that the association can prepare and regulate plans in response changing circumstances.
- Identify new product and market opportunities.
- Develop and supervise the creation, co-ordination and production of advertising, sales brochures, marketing collateral, press releases, promotional videos and web advertising.
- Attend network, promotional events and trade shows to develop and maintain contact with potential clients and professional bodies.
- The Trade Show Coordinator is responsible for pre-show planning, on-site coordination and post-show follow-up.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Develop sales strategies and manage sales personnel to achieve company and sales personnel’s goals
- Interact effectively with senior executives and administrative staff
- Direct sell via print, telephone and in person
- Intimate knowledge of sales, marketing and customer relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to focus sales message on needs of customer
- Effective mediator and problem solver
- Operate effectively without supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Hard worker and well organized professional with power to prioritize
- Pays attention to detail
- Flexible to work in non-business hours
- Able to operate in different work conditions such as on-site/off-site.
- Able to work as part of a team and/or alone
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, information technology or related field
- Professional development in advertising, sales, marketing, publishing, telemarketing
- Relevant training in Microsoft Office Suite – Work, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Aptitude for budgeting, research, statistical reporting, evaluation and crisis management
January 28th, 2019. Please email cover letter and resume directly to Heather MacRae, Director of Trade Shows & Events firstname.lastname@example.org Attention: Sales Representative Interviews will be conducted as suitable candidates are identified. Landscape Ontario would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.