Operations Coordinator - North American Logistics Services Inc
North American Logistics Services Inc
Full-Time | Bolton, ON
North American Logistics Services Inc. is a leading transportation and customs supplier to the North American tradeshow industry for over 20 years. Our head office is located in Bolton, Ontario with operations offices in Montreal and Vancouver. We offer a highly attractive salary and bonus package along with health benefits coverage (after 3 month probationary period) and a company Registered Pension Plan (Eligible after 1 year of service). We have an immediate opening for the position of Operations Coordinator at our Bolton head office location.
Duties will include:
- Assist clients in completing internal and government documentation for transportation and customs services
- Shipment coordinating with internal dispatch staff and 3rd party carriers
- Shipment tracking and pickup/delivery confirmations
- Quoting exhibitors on transportation and customs services
- Process orders using internal logistics software
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent English communication skills – verbal and written
- High standard of attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to travel within Canada as required during busy tradeshow season
- Availability for occasional evenings and weekend work at show site and/or by phone
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook is essential
- Experience with asset based and/or freight brokerage firm is preferred
- College or University education preferred
- Experience within the tradeshow industry required.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter (including salary expectations) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Operations Manager - dmg events
Full-Time | Calgary, AB
If you have personal flair and energy, a customer focused approach to business, are committed to excellence and are interested in creating a marketplace in which leading organizations can meet clients, and share innovative ideas for business and technology, then you might be the right candidate for dmg events.
With a strong and positive culture, our business is fun, flexible and fulfilling. Day-to-day we focus our attention on practicing key principles to help our team grow and achieve business and personal goals.
dmg events is a leader in the organization of business-to-business exhibitions, conferences and professional summits around the world. Our team operates with an entrepreneurial attitude, a strong reputation for quality, a rich history of success and a strategic plan for continued growth.
The Operations Manager is responsible for all operational activities under dmg events’ portfolio. This includes the Global Petroleum Show (GPS), International Pipeline Expo (IPE), International Society of Automation Calgary (ISA Calgary), CanWeld shows and some in-office support of internationally sold events. This Operations superstar will work directly with the Operations Director to support the pre-planning to completion of the event with a focus on service excellence, growth and development. They will have a keen sense of collaboration and decision making. They will be able to balance a budget and be keen to do anything to support the success of the events portfolio.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Operations Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Manage assigned operational aspects of the events portfolio including pre-planning and execution of operations plan on-site
- Drive operational synergies with all internal departments and suppliers for event deliverables, catering, signage, AV, registration, sponsorship, and more
- Strengthen relationships with suppliers, facilities and other key partners to align strategy, improve efficiencies and manage costs for both dmg and our customers.
- Support the Operations strategy to generate and maximize value with venues and suppliers
- Oversee and improve the Exhibitor Service Kit (ESK), with a focus on simplifying the tool for customers and improving their exhibiting experience
- Develop and manage the on-site staff planning and scheduling
- Assist in the coordination and delivery of event signage to contractor
- Oversee move-in and on-site contractor relationships of exhibitions
- Oversee all events’ critical paths utilizing online tool
- Meet regularly with the Operation’s Director to update budget trackers and provide expense forecasts
- Provide a weekly report to the Operations Director
- Participate in outside events that will promote the company as a critical member of the industry and community
- Collaborate, provide guidance and mentorship to Client Services lead
- All other duties to ensure the success of the events
As an ideal candidate your background will include:
- 5 years of large scale events management experience
- Excellent negotiation and relationship building skills
- Be a detailed person
- Budget management
- Ability to negotiate and manage contracts
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite, including: MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to travel
If you, or anyone you know, is a qualified candidate and is interested in this opportunity please send a resume and salary expectations, in confidence, email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.