Exhibit Sales Consultant - Marketplace Events
Exhibit Sales Consultant – Marketplace Events
Full-Time | Vancouver, BC
Exciting. Challenging. Rewarding. This is the type of career opportunity Marketplace Events offers to our team members. If you thrive in an environment that encourages accountability, creativity, teamwork, relationship building, customer service and sales excellence, we encourage you to explore becoming a member of our passionate team. Marketplace Events is committed to its vision and values. As an employer, we support employees in finding a work/life balance and recognize the importance of a vibrant and dynamic work environment.
This position is responsible for selling exhibit space via telephone (primarily) and face-to-face calls (limited). We provide you your own territory along with a robust customer base. Selling exhibit space for our premier home shows to businesses in the remodeling, home décor, landscaping and building industries is your primary responsibility. We are proud to offer the highest quality home shows in the market to top tier home improvement companies. If you have a hunter mentality and are driven to make things happen, this is the job for you!
- Sell exhibit space in home show(s) via outbound telephone calls and limited face-to-face calls
- Sell add-on advertising/marketing opportunities to your customers
- Make 50-60 sales calls per day
- Meet weekly, monthly and annual sales goals and related targets
- Work in CRM program; every sales conversation to be documented and all information to be complete/detailed
- Develop and maintain relationships with exhibitors; ensure customer satisfaction and provide excellent service
- Through use of our consumer research, understand our attendee demographic and use this information to help sell in the right exhibitors, as well as help our exhibitors do an optimum job reaching their customers
- Constantly seek out leads for potential exhibitors from every possible source such as advertisements in other media, internet sources, competitive shows, exhibitors from other Marketplace Events shows, association members, etc.
- Constantly build and maintain sales database utilizing existing processes/guidelines for documenting records
- Join relevant professional associations, regularly attend meetings and network with your membership
- Attend all appropriate competitive shows/events and follow-up on leads immediately
- Source local sponsorship leads
- Understand our show features, marketing/promotional plan and utilize this information
- Provide on-site floor management at the show and assist show management with the coordination of the move-in/move-out of the show
- Bring personal energy, enthusiasm and flair as a member of the sales team, willing to put in whatever hours are necessary to get the job done
- Ensure all contracts are signed and space is paid in full on time
- Collection calls as needed
- Travel to company meetings, shows and training
- Other duties as required
Knowledge and Abilities:
- 2+ years of proven sales experience required, preferably within a telephone-based, inside sales, outbound calling environment
- College degree preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including presentation skills required
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and meet conflicting deadlines in a team work environment required
- Knowledge of ACT! (or similar CRM program) preferred
- Experience in events including home shows is a plus!
- Competitive base salary + monthly commission
- Sponsorship Sales Commission
- Health, dental and vision benefits as well as GRSP plan
- Generous paid time off program, four weeks per calendar year
- A high-energy culture that rewards success
This position reports to the Show Manager.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest. No phone calls or agencies, please.
Show Manager/Account Manager - Canadian National Sportsmen's Shows
Show Manager/Account Manager – Canadian National Sportsmen’s Shows
Full Time | Mississauga, ON
The Canadian National Sportsmen’s Shows is a leading consumer show production company, headquartered in Mississauga, with regional offices in Montreal and Calgary. We are presently seeking a permanent, full time Show Manager/Account Manager to manage our BabyTime Show portfolio as well Account Manager duties for the Travel Section of the Toronto Sportsmen’s Show. This position is located in Mississauga and reports to the Vice President.
- Responsible for all aspects of show management including budgeting, marketing, public relations, advertising, operations, logistics, site selection, feature development, sponsorship, and relationship building
- Management of exhibit sales process through target and goal setting for the Account Manager assigned to the BabyTime Shows
- On site management of all aspects of show execution from move in to move out
- Management of all facility, supplier and stakeholder relationships
- Constant monitoring of all local, municipal and provincial rules and regulations as related to the execution of shows
- Responsible for managing and retaining existing exhibitor accounts
- Prospecting for new exhibitors through cold calling, research, social media and by visiting related events
- Deliver an exceptional level of customer service to existing exhibitor accounts as well as prospects
- Identify and pursue new revenue streams, including sponsorships
- Achieve and exceed sales targets as set by management
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 3 years’ experience in show/event management, including team management
- Sales management experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- High level of professionalism
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional leadership skills and demonstrated ability to not only lead a team but motivate team members to reach their highest potential
- Excellent command of the English language, verbal and written
- Experience with social media and online marketing
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office, primarily Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience in a CRM or database management environment
Qualified candidates are invited to email their cover letter and resume by August 1, 2018 in confidence to: email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted directly.