RFP: Event Management Services: Canadian Mechanical & Plumbing Exposition 2022
Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada (HRAI) is a non-profit national trade association of manufacturers, wholesalers and contractors in Canadian heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR) industries.
HRAI advocates a safe, responsible and fair industry where indoor environment systems and refrigeration processes are designed, installed and serviced by qualified professionals in order to ensure efficient and energy-conscious operation.
The association’s activities are directly related to the needs and requests of its membership and include education and training programs, industry meetings, up-to-date industry information, technical support, government and industry advocacy, statistics and trends, and a biennial national trade show.
Canadian Mechanical & Plumbing Exposition (CMPX) is one of North America’s largest trade shows for the mechanical industry. CMPX has been jointly produced by HRAI and show partner Canadian Institute of Plumbing and Heating (CIPH) since 1972.
Event Name: CMPX 2022
Host Organization: HRAI
Location: Metro Toronto Convention Centre
Date: March 2022
Number of Exhibitors Attending: 500+ Exhibitors
Number of Professionals Attending: approximately 15k
The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) process is to invite event management vendors to submit their proposals to manage CMPX 2022.
Exhibitor Services Executive, GTA - GES
As Canada’s leading General Services Contractor, providing products and services to conventions and trade shows across the country, GES CANADA is committed to service excellence and the highest standards attainable.
The Exhibitor Services Executive role’s primary responsibility will be to provide customer and sales support for Exhibitors in trade shows (i.e. home shows, manufacturing), association conventions (i.e. dental, hospital) and events. This role is responsible for coordination, organization and marketing support of these types of events, and as such they will act as the exhibitor on-site coordinator and contact for GES with a focus on the external show exhibitors and their requirements to order graphics, carpet, furniture, plants, booths, shipping and custom show rentals. This individual will perform a range of administrative, customer service and sales functions to support both internal and external clients.
- Proactive contact of exhibitors via phone and email to pre-order our products
- Assists in the area of order entry, invoicing, payment processing, and problem solving at show site
- Assist vendors with online ordering
- Coordinate deliverables for each show with attending staff and vendors
- Manage and maintain PO process ensuring invoices are collected and paid in a timely manner
- Balance show budget vs actuals
- Coordinate and execute marketing communication/ strategy with exhibitors
- Active participation in show related meetings
- Complete pre and post show analysis activities with vendors; post-event surveys
- Various project-management as needed
- College Diploma or University Degree preferred
- Excellent command of the English language with high level of professionalism. Fluency in French is an asset, but not mandatory
- Effective presentation and organizational skills, MS Office savvy
- A self-motivated individual who takes initiative, has ability to multi-task, and prioritize
- Strong customer service skills required to provide first class face-to-face service and problem resolution at show site
- General appreciation of accounting/finance in order to manage shows vs. budgets
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and for extended periods at show site and have ability to interact with union labour
- The ability to travel to facilities located across the GTA
- Two years of tradeshow production or similar experience combined with sales and customer service experience, an asset
Interested candidates please submit a resume via email to email@example.com.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their submissions.
GES is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please advise us as soon as possible by email or by calling 905-283-0567.
Sales Executive - SME
SME is seeking a Sales Executives to join their team in the Markham, ON office. The Sales Executive will be responsible for selling exhibit space and sponsorship for industry leading tradeshows via telephone and face to face visits. Sales will be made equally to existing customer and prospect accounts.
- Sells and promotes to new, existing and prospect accounts.
- Provides customer service and support
- Up sell current exhibitors with sponsorship opportunities.
- Support show and sales goals; meet budgeted sales, develop sales strategy and participate in sales and marketing meetings.
- Develops sales letters and presentations to support sales efforts.
- Travels to SME and competitive events and customer accounts to sell and service customers.
- Manage customer payments and collections to ensure accounts are kept current.
- Manage sales activities through the use of Personify
- Manage floor plan, changes, sales and invoices through the use of A2Z.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related.
- Three or more years sales experience with manufacturing, sales or tradeshow organization preferred.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and meet conflicting deadlines in a team work environment
- Some exposure to hazards of forklift, trucks, fumes, etc. on-site.
- Standard office environment.
- Domestic and International travel involved
- Some Travel
To apply – please complete our online application by clicking HERE.
You may also submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SME connects manufacturing professionals, academia and communities, sharing knowledge and resources to build inspired, educated and prosperous manufacturers and enterprises. With more than 85 years of experience and expertise in events, media, membership, training and development, and also through an education foundation, SME is committed to promoting manufacturing technology, developing a skilled workforce and attracting future generations to advanced manufacturing. Learn more at sme.org, follow @SME_MFG on Twitter or facebook.com/SMEmfg.
Vice President, Vancouver Office - Informa Canada Inc.
Informa is one of the world’s leading knowledge providers. We create and deliver highly specialized information through publishing, events, training, market intelligence and expertise, providing valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses and organizations worldwide.
The Vice President, Vancouver Office, will be responsible for developing and implementing the overall management and execution strategies as well as directing the Buildex brand of events and any other events acquired or developed that is determined to be included in your responsibilities by the company.
- Determine the company’s mission and strategic direction as conveyed through policies and concrete objectives which are met through the effective management of human, financial and material resources.
- Development of the Buildex events and project plans.
- Identify opportunities and areas for improvement and development within each department.
- Advise the EVP on strategic business development and key regional planning issues that relate and impact the operations of the whole location.
- Keep the EVP and corresponding VP’s and Directors informed about business activities, performance, opportunities, and recommended courses of action including trouble-shooting.
- Lead Show Directors to evaluate and take actions that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy.
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall human resources planning.
- Set subjective and objective performance goals tailored to each event and ensure achievement and adherence to annual budgets.
- Develop operational goals for the region which are aggressive, yet obtainable, and tied to long-term strategic goals.
- Build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement and focus on the growth and development is innate.
- Delegate necessary authority to middle managers, directors or other executive staff and create optimum working conditions.
- Implementation of productivity/quality metrics and of incentive programs designed to be cost effective, increase sales and to enhance efficiency.
- Management of Vancouver office including solidifying the leadership team and providing strategic direction.
- Effective planning and layout of workflow, staff resource, and event management.
- Represent the organization, or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the organization, in negotiations or other official functions.
- Directly supervise the Show Directors. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s written policies and applicable laws.
- Direct report responsibilities of interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Other duties as assigned by the EVP.
- 5 or more years of senior trade show management experience.
- In-depth understanding of operations as it relates to trade shows.
- Proven capabilities to implement complex projects while maintaining costs and timelines.
- Project oriented with a superior attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong team player who interacts well with internal teams, vendors and external clients alike.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent of work experience.
What we offer:
- Be part of a continually evolving global company
- Work with a passionate group of people
- Fast-paced, energetic industry
- Excellent benefit package
- Professional development
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Informa Canada Inc. is committed to ensuring that our environment is barrier-free to all persons, employees and clients alike, as we believe in equal opportunity. In the spirit of this philosophy, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all applicants with disabilities in the interview and assessment process
Eligible for discretionary bonuses and increases in salary. Eligible for commission, dental insurance, pension and extended medical insurance.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, submit your resume and a detailed cover letter to HR@informacanada.com.