Account Managers - Calgary and Edmonton - GES Canada
GES has two positions in Alberta
Account Manager – Calgary
Account Manager – Edmonton
As Canada’s leading General Services Contractor, providing products and services to conventions and trade shows across the country, GES CANADA is committed to service excellence and the highest standards attainable.
Account Managers are responsible for tradeshows and events assigned to them from the planning stages through final invoicing and collection of payments. This position reports to the Senior Account Manager.
- Coordinate and promote GES services on assigned accounts. Maintain a thorough knowledge of GES Account Management practices and procedures.
- Coordinate and compile all files, electronic and paper, ensuring that they are kept up-to-date. Provide timely responses to requests for information.
- Act as a liaison with show management, exhibitors, hotel and/or convention centre personnel, external suppliers and production staff with regard to all services.
- Request and confirm that proper documentation from all show personnel is received and appropriately documented/forwarded in a timely manner.
- Account Managers are responsible for the success execution of each assigned show. They shall supervise and assist all show personnel as assigned including subcontractors, as applicable.
- Achieve the timely preparation and pricing of accounts for billing.
- Assist Sales Team, whenever possible, in securing continued existing contracts and providing new sales leads.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Account Manager or the GES Management Team.
- College Diploma or University Degree preferred
- Two years of tradeshow/event planning or similar experience combined with customer relations and sales experience
- Excellent command of the English language, verbal and written with a high level of professionalism
- Effective presentation and organizational skills, MS Office Savvy
- Self-motivated individual who take initiative and has ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- General accounting/financial knowledge to manage shows vs budgets
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and on showsite. Ability to work with and interact simultaneously with show organizers, other suppliers, production work crews, union and non-union workers
- Travel may be required to work in other GES facilities throughout Canada as requested
Interested candidates may submit their resumes by email to email@example.com or by fax to (905) 283-0551 before September 28 for the Edmonton position and October 2nd, 2017 for the Calgary position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their submissions.