CAEM’s Mentorship Program – APPLY NOW!
CAEM'S MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
About the program:
While this year's mentorship program may look a little different, we want to ensure the industry stays connected now more than ever. As such, we are pleased to launch the second year of the CAEM Mentorship Program.
After a successful inaugural year, CAEM is pleased to expand the program to not only foster mentor/mentee relationships, but enable peer-to-peer relationships. This year, mentee and mentor applicants will have the ability to select whether they'd prefer to be partnered with a mentor, mentee, or both! In facilitating a peer-to-peer program, we hope this fosters a greater sense of community during these unprecedented times.
Activate your event and exposition career with CAEM! The 2020 CAEM Mentorship Program will match leaders in Canada's event and exposition community with emerging business professionals to inspire and enable them to become the event and exposition leaders of tomorrow!
Have you been involved in the industry for a number of years and are eager to pass on your experiences and wisdom to the next generation of industry leaders? Complete the registration form here to be considered.
To qualify you:
- Must have less than 4 years experience in the industry or other business-related role;
- Must identify as a high-potential employee;
- Must provide a resume;
- Must provide a reference from your current employer, instructor or industry professional;
- Optional: submit a video no longer than two (2) minutes on why YOU should be a CAEM mentee;
- Must be passionate about the events and exposition industry!
The structure of the program is such that each mentor and mentee will interact for a minimum of 12 hours over the course of the year (1 hour per month). These hours can be completed over the phone, through email, or in-person when it's safe to do so.
- May 15: Call for applications
- June 12: Deadline for applications
- June 15 – June 19: Matching of mentors and mentees
- June 23: Mentors and mentees are notified of matching
- June 2020 – June 2021: Official mentorship relationship duration
Cost to participate (only applicable to mentees):
Application Fee: $25*
*This fee is non-refundable and is applied to the application of the mentee. The mentee will not be considered for the program until this initial fee is paid.
Know someone in your network that would be great for this program? Please feel free to forward this along to them. CAEM membership is not a requirement for this program.